Wednesday, June 18

... About Being Right All the Time

I told you, Reader! I totally called it months ago! And you didn't believe me, did you? You thought I was just being clever, or paranoid. Well, who's being clever now?

That's right. Still me.

The point is, I was right. Check this out:




<-- Here's the story I found on msn.com today.
Here's the blog I wrote in December. -->



(By the way, I'm totally stoked because if you Google 'Japanese robot convention' this blog comes up.)




You see? Never doubt me, Reader.

Oh, come on. You don't really think I'm that arrogant, do you? That I always have to be right about everything all the time? Well, you're wrong. You're so wrong. I'm not like that at all.

Well, maybe just a little.

But you're partly to blame, Reader. You're an enabler. Because you ask me stuff. All the time. And acleast 80% of the time I have a pretty good idea what the answer is. And the other 20% of the time I don't want to ruin my track record. But I'm not completely out of touch with reality. I will admit when I'm wrong.

When I get caught being wrong, at least. But that counts. That totally counts.

It's a genetic trait, being right. My whole family is always right, all the time. My mom keeps calendars. She writes down what happens every day, so that if ever there is a debate about what movie we rented on July 12, 1995 she can whip out her calendar and prove that she's right. My dad's always right, too. In fact, my dad is always so right that he's often right even when my mom's calendars say he's wrong. Maren is perhaps the most gifted at always being right, because the moment there's any indication she's wrong, she manages to manipulate the space-time continuum so that whatever she was wrong about two minutes ago has somehow never happened.

And Taylor? When Taylor is right about something, he's right about it for the rest of eternity, no matter what the evidence is. Like the time he was right about the Taco Maker jingle. "Guys, it's 'Makes Meat Fresh!' I'm serious." That makes no sense whatsoever. "Yes, it does! 'Taco Maker... Makes Meat Fresh!' It's on the radio, you'll hear it." Are you sure it isn't 'Taco Maker... Mex Made Fresh'? "Nuh-uh. It's 'Makes Meat Fresh.' Because they have meat in their tacos. Fresh meat."

So I'm sorry that you sometimes feel inferior because of your comparative wrongness, Reader. But you know what? You're going to want somebody who's always right on your side when the Japanese robots invade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, you are so absolutely right!

Christiansen's said...

Kristen, I love YOU! I think my brother can hook you up with a drill :) About the whole thing of the Hintz's being correct, well that all just made me laugh. I remember hearing that your mom writes on calendars, but what I love even more is that you say your dad can prove she is wrong even when she has written it down. You Hintz's just make me laugh.