Tuesday, December 2

... About Somethin' Bad In Your Neighborhood

Why is it all the best stuff happens to us when there are no witnesses that can vouch for the awesomeness of said stuff?

Reader, I kid you not - on my way to work today, driving northbound on I-15 from about 4500 South to 3300 South, I was a mere one lane away from the Ecto-1 (a.k.a. the Ghostbustersmobile).




It.

Was.

AWESOME.

It made me want to go out and buy an old 1959 Cadillac ambulance, give it an orange racing stripe, and catch ghosts for the rest of my life. *sigh*

It seems I see the best stuff when I'm alone in the car. Like that guy who very nearly biffed out on a Segway. Or the giant inflatable bow on top of the new hospital. Or that UFO. The worst part is, I can never convince anybody that these things really happened, or at least convince them that it was as cool as I make it out to be.

One of these days, Reader, you're going to be with me when I run into something spectacular and unexpected on the road (well, hopefully not "run into"; rather "encounter" or "see" or "don't run into").

I mean, seriously! The car from 'Ghostbusters'! Okay, so maybe it wasn't the actual car from 'Ghostbusters'. Maybe it didn't have the logo painted on the door or the high-tech ghost catching equipment strapped to the roof. Maybe in actuality it was just an old 1950s-style ambulance that happened to be white with an orange stripe that just vaguely resembled something that could have once in a former life been the car from 'Ghostbusters'.

Geez, honesty is such a killjoy.

Reader, the point is, someday maybe I will see something as amazing and inspiring as the real Ecto-1 cruising down the road. And when that day comes, who'm I gonna call?

No comments: