Tuesday, November 18

... About Frivolity

So I was thinking about what to write for this post, and I'll tell you what, Reader. It turns out, I have NOT been in the mood to tell anybody What I Think lately. Mostly because the thing that has been on my mind is guaranteed to offend some of you, likely to disappoint some of you, and possibly inspire some of you. But whether you understand where I'm coming from or not, it's sure to incite arguments and riots, and I just don't have the energy to go looting right now. Although it would be a great way to get my hands on that camera I've been coveting...

Hence the shallow posts as of late. And hence the lack of comments on any of your blogs. And the mismatched socks I'm sporting. Although it's possible the socks thing is just a coincidence.

The point is, Reader, until I get to a place where other, more blog-worthy thoughts occupy my mind (I'm pretty sure that place is on a mountaintop in Nepal... or possibly Malibu), you're going to be stuck with more of these cursory posts. Like this one. Hooray for puerility!

Remember how I'm a moviequoteophile? Yeah, that's right. Check me out, making up my own words and such. How's that for deep?

Anywho, I'd like to reward you for getting this far in this insipidly boring post by giving you a little game to play! Yea! Here's how it works: I'm going to post a few obscure quotes from some of my favorite quotable movies. I'll only post the first half - your task, Reader, is to complete as many of them as you can and put the answers in my comments.

You don't even have to know what movie it's from! AND, if you don't know the answer, MAKE IT UP!!! You'll get points for being right, but you'll get TOTALLY ARBITRARY BONUS POINTS if you're creative!

Please, don't cheat. Not only do cheaters go to Hell (and my hand basket is already going to be pretty full with all the treats and DVDs Kenna and I are planning to pack), but it'll also be so much more fun for me if you get them wrong.

I'll put the answers up in the comments to this post in ONE WEEK, at which point I will also announce the winner. What becomes of the winner, you ask? Bwahahahaha..... Let the fun commence!

1) "Okay, she is deranged. ____________________________."

2) "The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and _______________________."

3) "I cannot get married in your mother's dress! She and I are not built the same way." "We can have it altered." "__________________________!"

4) "Watch it, bud!" "Who you calling bud, pal?" "Who you calling pal, friend?" "______________________________?"

5) "I think it's a mail plane." "How can you tell?" "___________________________?"

6) "Only the meek get pinched. ___________________________."

7) "I was hoping she was expelled, ___________________________."

8) "Only one thing in the world could have dragged me away from the soft glow of ____________________________________."

9) "You leave little notes on my pillow. I told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow. __________________________________. ________________________________________________!"

10) "I'd say I'm a pretty darned good father. My father tried to eat me. ________________________________________!"

5 comments:

kenna said...

Who you calling friend jackass?!

kenna said...

I don't remember trying to eat Timmy.

kenna said...

We're all out of cornflakes.

Anonymous said...

8 - electric sex.

That's all I know.

Kristen said...

Okay, Kenna is the clear cut winner! You'll be getting some sort of awesome prize. Trust me. It's... awesome.

1) "Okay, she is deranged. But so, so playful." [Everything Is Illuminated]

2) "The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat." [Run, Fatboy, Run]

3) "I cannot get married in your mother's dress! She and I are not built the same way."
"We can have it altered."
"Oh, no you don't!" [Some Like It Hot - if you haven't seen this movie, for shame. This quote is funny because both people talking are dudes. Think about it. You'll get it.]

4) "Watch it, bud!"
"Who you calling bud, pal?"
"Who you calling pal, friend?"
"Who you calling friend, jackass?!" [Ocean's Eleven]

5) "I think it's a mail plane."
"How can you tell?"
"Didn't you see its little balls?" [Three Amigos]

6) "Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive." [Ferris Bueller's Day Off]

7) "I was hoping she was expelled, or into hard drugs." [Juno]

8) "Only one thing in the world could have dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window." [A Christmas Story]

9) "You leave little notes on my pillow. I told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow. 'Dear Oscar, we're all out of cornflakes, F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out that 'F.U.' was for 'Felix Ungar'!" [The Odd Couple - again, if you haven't seen it, I'm disowning you.]

10) "I'd say I'm a pretty darned good father. My father tried to eat me. I don't remember trying to eat Timmy!" [Fido]


So, Reader, there you go. That was a fun little game for Kenna and Mom to play.