Tuesday, August 5

... About Being More Whimusical

I must admit, Reader, that as a kid I always had a bit of a crush on Doogie Howser. It's one of those great TV shows that I remember watching with my family. And now, grown-up Kristen still has a soft spot in her heart for grown-up Doogie. I suppose I always will. After all, he's smart, he's cute, he's self-deprecating, and most importantly, he invented The Blog.

Remember how at the end of every episode, Doogie would contemplate the life lesson he learned in the last half-hour and record it on his computer diary (always with an adorably thoughtful little smirk)?:

Thus The Blog! And I think we both know that without wonder that is The Blog, I would never have achieved the kind of accolades and recognition that I revel in today.

So of course, when I heard that the Doogster was starring in an internet blogging supervillian musical movie sensation, I was stoked. If you haven't watched it yet, I would strongly advise that you click the link and give yourself a dose - STAT! It's the perfect way to invest the next 42 minutes of your life.

I won't even be offended if you interrupt the reading of this blog until you've seen it. It's just that good. Go on. I'll wait.

...

Oh, the joy! The rapture! The [evil] genius! Well played, Doogie. Well played. And once again, you chose to document your adventures in blog-form! And you're a doctor! You must've used your Freeze Ray, because it's like we're just picking up exactly where we left off so many years ago!

I wish my life were a action-comedy-musical so I could record it on this blog and make people happy like the Doog has made me happy. *sigh* But alas, it isn't meant to be.

...Then again...

Why not? If Doogie can do it, so can I! Go on, Reader, name me one thing that Doogie Howser has done that I can't do. Besides graduating from college at age 10. Or being a doctor. Or starring in the original Broadway cast of "Rent."

Okay, so maybe I can't make my life a musical. But I can certainly make it more whimsical. Right? More fun? More... interesting? Hmmmm.... see, the problem with increasing my life's interesting-o-meter is that it doesn't matter how high your fascinating factor is; if you multiple zero by anything it's still zero (let's see teenaged TV doctors handle THAT kind of highly advanced mathematical logic).

So I guess I'll have to start small. I'm going to shoot for one adventure a week. No, no, Reader, not THAT kind of adventure. I think we all know I don't have enough limbs to take on a challenge like that. I mean a nice, quiet, manageable kind of adventure. Once a week I'll do something that is out of my routine, my comfort zone. Like introduce myself to someone new. Or raise my hand to comment in class. Or kill a drifter with a hammer.

Oh, think of the possibilities! With just a few minor tweaks, soon my life could be WORTHY of being an internet blogging supervillain musical movie sensation! And at the end of every adventure I will come here, to my faithful blog, and share the valuable life lesson I have learned with you, Reader. Always with a thoughtful little smirk.




p.s. Have you seen that new Old Spice commercial starring Doogie? I cracked up. "I would know, because I used to be a doctor for pretend." Glee!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Today's adventure!

I just bought a MacBook. And with it got a free printer and iPod Touch.

Soooooo much money.... but it should be sooooo worth it....